Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Delon & Laforet, again

And to round off this session on 1960s French glamour, here once again are some terrific stills of Alain Delon and Marie Laforet in Rene Clement's PLEIN SOLEIL from Patricia Highsmith's THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY .... feel the heat of the mediterranean ...

3 comments:

  1. I JUST watched this for the first time Monday night, caught off of TCM weeks back. Really enjoyed, much more than the Damon version. Laforet was a gem that I had to look up to see what else she's done and was shocked to discover IMDB doesn't even have a picture of her on her page. Of course, everyone loves Delon and Purple Noon did nothing to sway my opinion of him. One of my favorite actors! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you enjoyed it, though it changes the ending of Highsmith's book, its the version I prefer, as per the other posts here - see Mr Ripley or Plein Soleil labels - it captures the real glamour of the late 1950s mediterranean and the clothes they wear still look ideal now. Of course the later version by Minghella in 1999 consderably expands and changes the original too,with a whole new odd ending ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin Bradley25 June 2015 at 17:51

    Of course I love PLEIN SOLEIL and Delon and Ronet but I still prefer THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY.

    ReplyDelete